Embark Community Manager
The nature of work.
The nature of work. Embark embodies our passion for the outdoors and our desire to provide a flexible, collaborative workspace. With the Ruffwear brand as a catalyst, Embark is an innovative co-working space dedicated to fostering community, creativity and stewardship offering people flexibility in how they work to boost productivity and professional fulfillment. Being generous with our time and experiences benefits us all, strengthening both the co-working community and the regional outdoor industry. The way we work is changing. Our vision to create a revolutionary workspace that attracts adventurous, agile and curious entrepreneurs was born from our desire to foster an environment of professional development and to cultivate a collective voice advocating for stewardship and environmental responsibility. Ruffwear is a globally recognized leader in the outdoor industry and we conceived of Embark as a way to give back to the community that has loyally supported us. We are looking for an adventurous business person who engages effortlessly in the community to help us launch and lead our innovative community workspace. Intrigued? Read on.
- A connector looking for a leadership role that integrates your professional experience, business philosophies and vision for the future of co-working spaces in a dog-friendly work environment.
- Curious and love learning about myriad industries, emerging job roles and cutting-edge best practices for businesses of all categories.
- An organizational ninja with your own quiver of systems, workflows and tools–whether old- or new-school– that help you manage multiple projects with precision and diligence.
- A fully-loaded Swiss Army knife who quickly finds solutions to address issues efficiently and resourcefully.
- Socially agile and skillful at moving effortlessly and warmly through interpersonal interactions with clients, peers, community leaders and stakeholders.
- Adaptable and nimble, and enjoy working in an ever-shifting, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- A champion of collaboration inspired by the evolution of co-working spaces.
- Known for your out-of-the-box thinking and roll-up-your-sleeves approach to making “stuff” happen.
- Industrious, self-directed and independent, yet collaborative and open minded to the ideas of others.
- Proactive and engaging in your outreach to all stakeholders internally and externally, and known for fostering meaningful introductions and unforgettable experiences.
- Courageous in trying new approaches; you know if it doesn’t work out, you’ll find another way.
- Committed to giving back to your communities at work, locally and globally.
Fast-forward one year from today:
- Our vision to cultivate creativity, learn skills faster and build a community of forward-thinking influencers and contributors has been realized through your dedication to helping us launch and grow Embark.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit has helped you connect with people who function in diverse industries to create a humming, symbiotic network of professionals.
- Through your marketing expertise, you have helped establish the Embark brand, which resonates deeply with entrepreneurs who want to reduce environmental impact and foster inspiration through shared work experiences in a highly collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Embark has become a local icon and influencer for shared workspaces, and has informed best practices for the nature of work in today’s culture.
- You have created a welcoming and inclusive environment felt from the moment people walk in the door of Embark, and are an on-boarding guru who helps entrepreneurs hit the ground running.
- Due to your pride-of-ownership approach to fostering a climate of innovation by creating an accessible coworking space that is both high-end and down-to-earth, there is a magnetic energy around Embark.
- Embark has a large waiting list due to our high member satisfaction and low space turnover.
- You have conceived of and executed a wide range of events–from educational speakers to bike rides and even quirky gatherings–that provide connection, inspiration, meaning and engagement to our members and the local community.
- You have vetted software and developed systems that help you optimize all aspects of the operations and marketing.
- The social media voice you have developed for the Embark brand embodies our values, approachability and down-to-earth goodness, and your savviness with multiple channels has inspired authentic engagement.
- You have fully embraced the culture of both Ruffwear and Embark and appreciate working and playing with your pack.
Are you ready for your dream job in cooperation with one of Outside Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to work in Bend, Oregon? You have:
- 4-6 years of managerial business experience in a professional, innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Marketing experience utilizing a wide range of traditional and digital tactics, as well as establishing a brand by building one-on-one relationships.
- An outgoing personality and a gift for connecting with people and making them feel valued.
- A flair overcoming obstacles and finding a new route with the ease and grace of a seasoned guide.
- Proven experience establishing a brand through building one-on-one relationships.
- Practical knowledge of the tech and digital industries.
- A guiding personal and professional philosophy of service and giving back.
- The ability to work full time in Embark’s Bend, Oregon headquarters, and availability during non-traditional hours as needed for community events, functions and gatherings.
- Working knowledge of all things Apple including operating systems and apps like Keynote.
- An answer to #mydogismy.
Make it yours:
Learn more… Anne McDonald