International Sales Rep
As an outdoor company dedicated to enhancing and inspiring exploration for adventurers and their human companions, we do things a little differently. We believe success goes beyond making great products. Our privately held company mindfully reinvests its profits back into our business to create a sustainable, nimble organization. Our adventurous and curious team is empowered to take calculated risks that promote product innovation, strengthen customer relationships and reduce our impact on the planet. Ruffwear partners with grassroots organizations and initiatives like The Conservation Alliance, working together to protect and restore the wild lands and waterways where canines and humans connect and thrive. What started as a one-man endeavor in 1994 is now a globally recognized leader in the outdoor industry, and our culture has been recognized by Outside Magazine as one of its 100 Best Places to Work. Based in Bend, Oregon, our warm and collaborative atmosphere at Ruffwear invites the sharing of ideas through respectful, stimulating dialogue and enthusiastic support for the implementation of new initiatives. Our faithful pack is intrepid enough to climb a mountain, but prudent and canny enough to backtrack if the route doesn’t feel right, and resourceful enough to blaze a new trail to the summit. We are looking for a seasoned territory ambassador with international sales experience to represent our brand and build loyal relationships with global customers. Intrigued? Read on.
- A relationship sales virtuoso ready for a role where you fully draw on your extensive background of building meaningful customer connections and marketing acumen to truly make a difference in the lives of others.
- Resilient and open to hearing suggestions about your work; you don’t take evaluations of your ideas personally.
- Collaborative and enjoy working with other people who push you to be innovative.
- A compelling storyteller who captures the imagination and emotional investment of your audience to help them understand the why behind the what.
- An expert on all aspects of retail including a genuine understanding and appreciation for the end customer.
- Confident in your deep base of knowledge and ability to answer questions on the fly.
- Able to zoom out to 30,000 feet to identify trends and then zoom right back in to the field with your customer to collaborate on strategies unique to their business.
- Eager to work with a team of engaged people who ask, “what if?” and rotate a problem to look for solutions from every angle.
- An imaginative problem solver adept at selecting the right tools from your robust kit to fit the individual customer relationship.
- Gifted at connecting with your customers to create excitement so they can engage their customers with the same level of enthusiasm and knowledge.
- A believer in leveling demand to reduce inventory and increase agility at the customer level.
- Adaptable, nimble and enjoy working in an ever-shifting, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Fast-forward one year from today:
- You have elevated our customer relationships through comprehensive account visits, heartfelt storytelling, uniquely tailored training and a commitment to customer advocacy with our internal team.
- You find joy and meaning in building relationships with our customers and understand the transactions that take place are a byproduct of those strong connections.
- You are valued by your customers who appreciate your annual reviews of their business to evaluate and improve upon current strategies and initiatives.
- Your customers consistently leverage Ruffwear marketing tools because you have made it easy for them to do so by providing them with a plan for using our marketing collateral.
- Your close partnership with our Inventory Analyst has ensured the follow through of our lean philosophy model both internally and at the customer level to improve sell-through.
- You have reduced friction for our customers and made it easier for them to buy in to our brand, philosophy, products and promotions because of the education, training, solutions, and most of all, the inspiration you have provided to them.
- Your understanding of the market positions your customers hold and aspire to have helped you develop pricing structures and seasonal product initiatives that are successful for everyone involved.
- You work well with our international teams because of your sensitivity, poise and gift for navigating and embracing cultural differences.
- You have partnered with your customers to help them optimize co-op dollars in ways that truly have impact as opposed to just offsetting margins.
- You have fully embraced the Ruffwear culture and appreciate working and playing with your pack.
Are you ready for your dream relationship sales role with one of Outside Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to work in Bend, Oregon? You have:
- 4-6+ years of international sales experience.
- A passion for the outdoors.
- Practical knowledge of lean principles.
- Comprehensive experience with all facets of retail.
- A bachelor’s degree (a plus).
- The ability to both self-direct and work collaboratively.
- Superb communication skills, whether in person, over the phone, by email or chat.
- Working knowledge of all things Apple including operating systems and apps like Keynote.
- Skilled at using a cloud-based ERP platform to help you stay organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office apps, particularly Excel.
- The ability to work full-time in Ruffwear’s Bend, Oregon headquarters as well as travel internationally.
- Knowledge of international currency fluctuations, trade protocol and best practices for setting price.
- Proven experience training high-level customers.
- A quick answer to #mydogismy.
Make it yours:
Learn more… Anne McDonald